Digital marketing requires ongoing study to stay on top of all the changes and updates. I’ve recently started managing an Instagram account for a small business and want to share the most useful tips that have proven to be effective!
- Use a minimum of 11 hashtags. Posts with at least that many will circulate much greater than using 10 or less.
- Posts with ample negative space entice more viewers to stop and look. It’s akin to the feeling of walking into a crisp clean hotel room.
- Switch up your location with each post. One post can stamp your actual business address. Make the next post location as your neighborhood; and the one after that, your town or city.
- Mix up the content of your posts. Rule of thumb is that 20% of your content should be promotional. Other content includes posts that are inspirational, educational or entertaining. (Just be sure that the content blends well with your brand and business).
- Mention or tag someone in as many posts as possible to extend your reach. Be judicious and make sure that the mention and/or tag is applicable in order to practice responsible digital citizenship!
I hope this brief blog article offers quick useful advice. The last thing anyone needs is more digital distress. Baby steps can make large scale improvements!